Because practice makes perfect.
Because practice makes perfect.
Note: Due to the effect of COVID-19 to campus operations, we are not accepting orders for Summer Semester access. We will announce when practice rooms are available for rental again.
If you are a Georgia Tech student or faculty/staff member looking for a private room to practice your musical skills, then look no further! Practice space access lasts all semester, from the first day of class until the last day of finals, 24/7. Our space is available for you literally any time you feel the inspiration to come play your instrument of choice, sing, or do both at the same time!
Currently, we have four practice rooms available for use on a daily basis. They are rooms 104, 204, 206, and 209.
There are electric Kawaii pianos available to play in all four practice rooms. Additionally, there is an upright piano located in room 209 if you prefer a more acoustic sound. We do not have any grand pianos available for practice.
If you wish to play an instrument other than a piano, you must bring your own instrument.
Due to the high volume of customers who purchase access, you will not receive a personal message informing you of when you receive access.
Generally, if you’ve paid for access, expect your buzzcard to have access by the end of the next business day (EG, if you buy access on Monday afternoon, it will be ready by Tuesday afternoon or sooner. If you purchase on a weekend, you must wait until Monday). If you encounter any issues accessing the room at that point, please contact Joshua Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our rules are simple, but strictly enforced:
- Music room access is $15 per semester for students enrolled in a MUSI class and $30 for all other members of the Georgia Tech Community. If you are taking a MUSI class, please contact your professor for a promo code to receive the lower rate.
- Access to practice rooms are granted at the beginning of the semester and terminates at the end of each semester. For instance, if you paid for access for Spring, you must then pay the fee for Summer semester after Spring finals are over to continue using our spaces.
- After you have used a practice room, make sure the door is fully closed behind you. Please help us keep our building secure.
- Music students and faculty are given priority over all other activities in the building, therefore when the rooms are needed, you must vacate and use the next available practice room.
- Outside group rehearsals are not allowed. Only students in School of Music ensembles are allowed to practice together in our practice rooms, and that is only if each student has paid the fee. Approved ensembles for this are: Orchestra, Jazz Ensemble, Jazz Combo, Men’s Glee Club, Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Chorale, Marching Band, Pep Band, and Chamber Choir.
- Practice rooms are to be used for individual practice only unless you are involved in the ensembles specified above. Individuals observed by the School of Music faculty/staff or via the nightly video system engaged in non-approved ensemble use or inappropriate behavior will have their practice room privileges revoked without refund.
For all other practice room related questions, please contact Joshua Smith at email@example.com.