Instrument storage made easy.
If you’re in a School of Music Ensemble and need a place to store your instrument, look no further. We allow you to store your instrument in our locker room so that lugging your instrument across campus to the Couch building becomes a choice, rather than a requirement for participating in our ensembles.
- We charge a $15.00 fee per semester for a locker.
- Before purchasing a locker, it is recommended that you measure your instrument while it is inside its case, L x W x H. Each locker on the marketplace website includes a description with its dimensions. This is very important if you have a long instrument like a trombone, because some medium sized lockers will be deep enough to hold it, while others will not.
- If your instrument is too large to fit inside a locker (such as a cello or standing bass), there is an alternative option when purchasing storage. When you navigate to the locker selection page, go to the large lockers. There is a tab there labeled “Outer props”. Selecting this buys you access to our buzzcard-secure locker room and our rack for larger instruments, without having to worry about an individual locker.
- Personal locks are not allowed on our music lockers at any time. Upon purchasing a locker, you will be issued the combination to the existing lock on your locker. If the assigned lock is lost for any reason, you will be charged a replacement fee of $15.00. Please keep your locker locked at all times, even if it is empty.
- Please be aware that if you purchase a large locker, it's likely you will need to share it. Due to the high demand for them and low quantity, students often need to share our Large and Extra large sized lockers.
There are a few other basic rules to keep in mind as you use your locker:
- Do NOT store food or drinks in your locker. Ever.
- At the end of every semester, you should have your locker cleaned of your belongings no later than the last day of final exams.
- The School of Music is not responsible for anything left in your locker.
- While it is permitted (and sometimes required) to share your locker with another student, allowing another student who has not paid for access into the locker room is prohibited at all times. Every student using the locker room and a locker must pay the fee, regardless of arrangement.